Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format. The manuscript was prepared using the appropriate template provided at the Author Guidelines page.
- The manuscript has been formatted based on the guidelines provided at the Author Guidelines. This include the format for manuscript preparation, tables, figures and references. All figures must be submitted as separate files. All references must be accompanied with DOI whenever available.
- A cover letter to editor highlighting the main findings/novelty of the manuscript as well as suggesting 3-5 potential reviewers (together with their full names, email addresses, field of specialisations and affiliations) for your manuscript has been prepared and ready for upload.
- The ICMJE conflicts of interest form has been filled and is ready to be submitted.
A mini review article is a concise review of current or updated knowledge or advancements in the related fields. This includes systematic review.
Research Notes articles are short and concise original research to proof a hypothesis leading to a single or more observations. This type of article has a clear objective of the study, concise discussion and a clear conclusion. Case studies and studies reporting negative findings also fall within this category.
Technical Notes articles are short and concise technical report on a novel, an advancement or modifications of current technique(s) used in neuroscience research leading to better sensitivity, specificity or analytical outcomes.
Hypothetical paper involves a critical interpretation of current literature leading to a profound but untested specific hypothesis.
News and Views
Articles under News and Views section feature a review or an opinion on a currently published paper, book or organised events. These articles will be peer-reviewed by the members of editorial board.
Errata & Corrigenda
This section publishes errata (mistakes by the publisher) or corrigenda (mistakes by the authors) for published articles in the journal. The original submitting author will have to request for the changes via a cover letter to the editor by citing the previous submission ID. No abstract is needed for errata. Authors do not have to resubmit ICMJE conflicts of interest form for this section. Only cover letter to the editor is mandatory. Please submit the explanation of errors as the main manuscript.
The observations and associated materials published or posted by NeurosciRN are licensed by the authors for use and distribution in accord with the Creative Commons Attribution license CC BY-NC 4.0 international, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Please review our terms of service before proceed.